To understand and to evaluate the needs of the FMCG market, the 2nd Workshop will be held next 21st March 2013. All industrial partners interested in the project are invited to join us.
The way physical objects are currently transported, handled, stored and supplied throughout the world reaches an outstanding performance despite a lot of inefficiencies. Therefore supply chains will be not meet forthcoming sustainable goals.
The objective of Modulushca is to achieve the first genuine contribution to the development of a much more efficient logistics, an interconnected logistics at the European level, in close coordination with North American partners and the international Physical Internet Initiative. The goal of the project is to enable operations with developed iso-modular logistics units of sizes adequate for real modal and co-modal flows of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), providing a basis for an interconnected logistics system seeking a significant two digits improvement in operationsâ€™ efficiency. Modulushca integrates five interrelated working fields
1. developing a vision addressing the user needs for interconnected logistics in the FMCG domain,
2. the development of a set of exchangeable (ISO) modular logistics units providing a building block of smaller units,
3. establishing digital interconnectivity of the units,
4. development of an interconnected logistics operations platform leading to a significant reduction in costs and CO2 emissions that will be
5. demonstrated in two implementation pilots for interconnected solutions.
21st March 2013 in Berlin
Expectations & Agenda
09:30 Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Current Situation, driver and contraints
10:45 Vision of interconnected logistics
Share the vision
13:30 Can the vision meet the FMCG needs?
Discussing driver and contraints, what is missing, what should be adapted
15:00 Coffee break
15:15 Project MODULUSHCA
Introduction and feedback
Questions, answers, discussion, feedback workshop execution
17:30 Get together